
​
Knockmahon NS was originally situated beside the Church of Ireland which is now the UNESO Coppercoast Geo Park Centre. Works began on the present building in 1956 and the doors were opened in September 1959. From Christmas to June 1959 the children were taught in Saleen Church. The first principal in this new school was Ted Buckley who was also the principal in the old school.
In 1959, the children were delighted with their new school and extensive playgrounds. They had water from taps indoors and electricity for the first time - a big change from their old school.
The present school children have the advantage of technology unimagined in 1959. Our new school extension was completed in 2006 giving us space and opportunity to implement the revised curriculum.
​
​




On behalf of Knockmahon National School, we would like to extend our sincerest gratitude for your amazing support for our 'Afternoon Tea Near The Sea' on Sunday 19th of May 2024 last. The day was a huge success. The sun shone and people came out in their droves to support our school.
